Rate system plz - Last time I swear LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
Ok my budget has come up to $2,600 and that is as high as I can possibly go. What do you think of this for gaming and someday overclocking (look in my sig).

I have a few questions about it,

#1 should I get that OCZ(I think they're still using TCCD's in that ram) or some G.Skill and what speed should I get?

#2 What power supply? I was going to get the Antec TruepowerII 550W but the one in my sig is a bit more expensive so what gives?

#3 Does the rest of the PC look good?

sure u dont wanna wait for X1800s?

and i did'nt think anything above PC3200 worked on AMD systems. Dose the DIF Ultra D even support about PC3200?

Main Memory

Four 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMM sockets
Supports dual channel (128-bit wide) memory interface
Supports up to 4GB system memory
Supports DDR266, DDR333 and DDR400 DDR SDRAM DIMM

looks like it dosnt.

Also why dont u get a seagate or WD HD?
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzQz

? whats up with your info man, DDR400 = PC3200

1. I take it you're going to be overclocking, then you'll want g.skill's pretty much, unless you can get an awesome pair of OCZ EL 3200 Platinum Rev2.0's.

2. I think the Neo Power is their premium line of PSU's, the Truepower 2.0 is just a cheaper line, although if the neo 480 is more expensive, i'd get the Truepower 550W

3. the rest looks good, have you thought about a Plextor DVD Drive instead of the NEC you have listed? Plextor have a nice SATA drive, although its *quite* pricey.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827131351

have you got speakers already? or don't you need them?

Why is Neopower better than truepower 2.0?

I'll go with G.Skill I think if I can get them. What speed?

Is the plextor drive worth it?

I'm getting Logitech THX Z-5300e 280W 5.1 speakers.

not sure why, but it might just have better rails than the Truepowers at the same wattage.

i'm not much of an expert on G.skill ram, so i'm not exactly sure, but LA's are the 2x512Mb PC4800 Kits aren't they? if you can, grab a set of them.

well, i don't think its worth it, but you seem to be buying a premium system, so why not? but honestly, i doubt you'd notice any difference.

Do I need 550+ watts to overclock? If the neopower is more effecient I may go with that to save on electricity because I wont be OCing for a long time anyway and when that time comes I can upgrade my PSU.

and I don't think I'll get the Plextor because its too expensive and also alot of people seem to have problems with it.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my CPU cooler. I'm thinking of getting the Thermalright XP-120 or the Cooler Master Hyper 6+. They both cost the same and both have the same performance but does any one here have any experience with einther of them?

You want the G.Skill LAs that idiotec has posted up in the overclocking forum as they currently hold the DDR speed records and are the most reputable overclocking chips on the market...period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom