2 computers doing one thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zindel

Baseband Member
okay i have two computers right now one is just sittin around doing nothing, i was wondering if there was a way to hook um up to be linked together to do one thing so it would be like haveing two computers do one thing? is that possable i know you can use one mon by gettin a kvm swtich but i wanna have them do one thing together

i dont know what you mean..

my only suggestion would be:

1. Buy a serial cable
2. Connect the two computer using the serial cable (so you would transfer files)

yea i know you can do that but im sayin make it so the two processors work together

Ok, ive thought about this some more. I know Apple Tiger has this thing called Xgrid which is a tool for setting up grid computing. Well you should look into some of the distrobuted computing projects like Seti and Folding @ Home and see which ones are open source and check out the source code.

alright ill try to figure it out and see what happens if not ill just have to use a kvm switch and just have two computer but wheres the fun in that lol

I wonder what System X uses?

It probly uses XGrid that comes in Tiger, or mabye something Linux based. Because everyone knows that the core of Mac os X is terribly inefficient for some things like database and server stuff.

cool, but what i meant is they either use Xgrid or something different like Linux but not a combination of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom