Ouch. I just ordered a PCI-E Graphic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PCI-E = PCI Express

People were probably telling you to avoid AGP cards because they will be phased out one of these says, as will regular PCI slots.

There is really no way around it, if you want to get a decent, up to date graphics card, you will atleast need a new mother board, and you'll probably need a new case too unless you buy the motherboard from HP, because I doubt you'll find a motherboard that has outputs in the same lay out as the HP case was designed for.

Yea, Newegg.com is awesome. Tigerdirect is too. There are a ton of "pc building" guides out there that should be pretty easy to follow. Just read through and get to know the different parts of a computer. It's much cheaper that way, and you'll notice that upgrading an already made PC to top of the line costs just as much as buying a brand new computer that is about 1/5 the quality of what you could build with hand picked parts.

cedjunior said:
PCI-E = PCI Express

People were probably telling you to avoid AGP cards because they will be phased out one of these says, as will regular PCI slots.

There is really no way around it, if you want to get a decent, up to date graphics card, you will atleast need a new mother board, and you'll probably need a new case too unless you buy the motherboard from HP, because I doubt you'll find a motherboard that has outputs in the same lay out as the HP case was designed for.

Really hate to ask a question in a thread I didn't create, but I figured while this thread is on the same topic I'm questioning I figured, eh, what the hell?

I'm looking at my mobo specs online and it has one PCIE port, 3 PCI ports, and one PCIE16 port? Or something... Question is, is the PCIE port dedicated to graphics cards only? Or is there other PCIE items that if you were going to buy a motherboard, it would be sensible to get more than 1 PCIE port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom