Problem After Using Prosoft Media Tools ! HELP please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puneater

Beta member
Hi guys, my computer runs on windows XP and it has 2 hard drives; C: (windows XP pro, 20GB) and D: (no windows, 160GB).

One day, my D: started malfunctioning, so I decided to use Hiren's Boot CD's Prosoft Media Tools 5.0 to try to recover the Data from my D: onto my C:. And then I used the option "Cycle-Clone/Cycle-Image" and Created an Image File of my D: onto the C: under the name image.v00. After I rebooted my computer, I tried to just use windows off my C:, but it did not go to windows. Instead, when i rebooted my computer, the screen was black and said " PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT" and i had no CD in my cd rom drive either...Then after using a DOS FILE MANAGER program to see the files on my C:, i only saw 2 files surprisingly; the files where "CLEAN" and "image.v00" and showed that my C: had 160GB instead of its regular 20GB. After, i deleted the image.v00 file to see if my computer would return back to normal, however it did not. Can you tell me how I can restore my C: back to normal with windows running and all my original files in C: ? Thank you

Windows XP should have created a restore point before you started using the ProSoft software, so boot (into safemode if need be) and to to START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>BACKUP

I think that's the right path. THen just restore your sytem back. That's not going to help your D drive if it's going bad, but it will restore everything back to the way it was.

BASSMASTER said:
Windows XP should have created a restore point before you started using the ProSoft software, so boot (into safemode if need be) and to to START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>BACKUP

I think that's the right path. THen just restore your sytem back. That's not going to help your D drive if it's going bad, but it will restore everything back to the way it was.

From what I understtod in his original post was, "His system will NOT boot to his OS (WIN XP). Did I miss understand something?

your right, I missed that on the original read. Can you get into your BIOS, it may be set to boot from your CD drive first, which would exlplain the "press any key to boot" thing. Change your boot order to boot from your hdd first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom