bf2 pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentnibbles

Baseband Member
Hi,

im a pretty serious gamer and get hyped up a lot from fps lag.

what is a good custom computer i could build myself that could run bf2 at [the most w/out going over $2000] maximum settings without lag?

$2000 and under please!

The pc needs:

Processor
Motherboard
Memory
Video Card
Sound Card
Case w/ adequate cooling
Power Supply
CDRW & DVD-ROM

Thanks for all of yalls support,

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 4000+ ($368)
Motherboard - DFI LanParty SLI-DR ($189)
Memory - OCZ Titanium 2GB (2 x 1GB) ($304)
Video Card - eVGA 256-P2-N529-AX 7800GTX 490/1300 ($579)
Sound Card - Creative X-FI xtremeMusic ($126)
Case w/ adequate cooling - Thermaltake Tsunami ($103)
Power Supply - PCP&C Turbo-Cool 510 SLI ($219)
CDRW & DVD-ROM - HP DVD740vi w/Lightscribe ($87)

That's a tad bit over $2000.00 with S&H = $2018.00 If you just can't afford the extra $18.00, you could go with a cheaper DVD/CD/BURNER Drive...

All Prices are from newegg.com

IMO - This PC will kick the living crap outta BF2 at high settings...
With that PSU - You'll be very safe later if you decide to buy another 7800GTX for SLI. The only thing this PC wouldn't be able to do would be run, lagfree, at 1600X1200 with SLI & supporting 20"+ monitor. Mainly because of the CPU. THen only CPU that can handle that would be the FX-57...

Good Luck!

I'm gonna say the sound card is a little of a splurge if you're not into seroius audio. If you have 2.1 sound or something, don't even get an aftermaket sound card. If you DO want good sound, there's Creative cards out for like 50 bucks...

I agree with getting the 3700 or bumping up to dual core for the processor. The 3700 can OC to 4000 speeds pretty easily, and dual core will set you up for future games. It's a little waste of money when you can cut a corner and not tell a difference.

Ryan

Eh, IMO the 4000+ is fine, but if you want to save money, then go for the 3700+ which could save you like $80.

I have to disagree with the sound card though. Thats way too expensive, especially if you don't have that many speakers. Switch to a $50, 5.1 sound card.

Looks good otherwise, only thing I would absolutely change is the sound card, too expensive.

This PC will run anything like Havok said.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I'm gonna say the sound card is a little of a splurge if you're not into seroius audio. If you have 2.1 sound or something, don't even get an aftermaket sound card. If you DO want good sound, there's Creative cards out for like 50 bucks...

I agree with getting the 3700 or bumping up to dual core for the processor. The 3700 can OC to 4000 speeds pretty easily, and dual core will set you up for future games. It's a little waste of money when you can cut a corner and not tell a difference.

Ryan

Oh, please... With the corner cutting crap. The 4000+ San Diego can be OC'ed to FX-55 speeds or higher... If you know what you're doing... And the X-Fi card is $129 and has 10X more feature then any other sound card on the market. And allows you to take full advantage of the 127 voices that are enable in BF2 at X-Fi/Ultra settings. Even if he doesn't have 5.1 speakers, X-fi does an amazing job with standard headphones... or even 2.1 speakers...
too expensive... please... If you're going to invest $2000.00 into a PC, why the hell not invest it wisely... What if he decided to buy a 5.1 setup later? Then he has to buy a better soundcard??? Come on... He said, "I'm a hardcore gamer!" No hardcore gamer I know is going to go with a freakin' $50.00 soundcard... If they do, they aren't a hardcore gamer, nor, do they have any right spending $2000.00 on a Gaming PC...

If you haven't used X-fi... Then I would recommend against it if I were you. Only recommend what you've used...

BF2 has 127 voices? lol. Cool...

Yea, the reason I support the 4000+ is how easy it is to overclock to FX-57 and FX-59 speeds. Lower clocked CPUs will only be stressed more when trying to overclock them.

Flanker said:
BF2 has 127 voices? lol. Cool...

Yeah... so far the only game that is supporting the x-fi at ultra settings is BF2. I'm sure more games will follow suite. Put it this way. When i'm playing BF2 and i've got my speakers cranked up with x-fi/ultra settings, "say i'm flying in a helicopter" and the roar of the Helicopter blades is loud... When you fly low and pass over some trees, you can still hear the sound of the birds flying away. Low, but crystal clear. If you prone and crawl through the terrain, you can hear SO many different sounds, sounds that allow to to know exactly what you are crawling though... rocks, twigs, sand, leaves, bushes... and at the same time... When arty gets dropped around you.... those sounds are still crystal clear... I don't know... It makes a huge difference to me...

Aso, anyone whom uses "ventrilio" or "teamspeak" will notice a huge difference too... Say you are in an environment and there is a slight echo... Well, when you talk into the MIC with EAX 5.0 enabled, your voice with sound just like the sound from that environment does, move out of that environment and your voice changes with the game sound... It adds so much more realistic sound to the game...

Ok guys, I just configured a computer at TigerDirect, and here are the specs:

Processor | AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 512Kb Cache 2000MHz FSB Socket 939 w/ fan..............$349.99
Motherboard | Asus A8N SLI Deluxe nForce 4 SLI Chipset........................................................$164.99
Memory | Geil Ultra Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz (2x512).......................$116.99
Video Card | eVGA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express (SLI)...................................$304.99
Sound Card | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS..........................................................$85.99
Hard Drive | Seagate 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Buffer Serial-ATA............................................$129.99* $60.00
Case | Xion II Black ATX-Mid Tower Clear Side Port.......................................................$69.99* $54.99*
Power Supply | 450 Watt PSU (Included in Case).........................................................................
Cooling System | 1x80mm Fan, 2x120mm Fans, (Included in Case) CPU Fan & Video Card Fan...
CD Drives | (2) Lite-on x16-DVD-ROM/48x-CD-ROM, (2) Lite-on 52x32x52x CD-RW..............$95.96

SUBTOTAL.......................$1,318.89
S&H.................................(UPS GROUND) $49.29
TAX..................................$0.00
TOTAL..............................$1,368.18
Would this be enough to "kick the crap out of Battlefield 2 with maximum settings"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom