3dMark 05 Scores in Windows x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltsdog

Baseband Member
Hello, I was wondering if there would be any difference in scores if I was running 3dMark 05 in my Windows x64 OS.

I got a score of 7835 at all stock speeds, no OCing

My main system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego
eVGA Geforce 7800 GTX 256MB GDDR3 (PCI Express)
DFI LANPARTY nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939
4 GB (4x512 MB) of Corsair XMS PC 3200 RAM

Did I get an appropriate score for my system, or is my OS making my score lower/higher than it should be?

Thanks a lot

Well, with a 7800GTX...I dunno if thats a fair score. Personally it looks a bit low to me but I haven't seen too many 7800GTX scores. What do you get in 3DMark03 since I've seen a bunch of those scores.

your score is pretty much where it should be

About increasing your score...although you are changing your enviroment to 64 bit, the actual futuremark application is still 32 bit thus it is processed the same regardless of whether you are using x64 or XP or 98 or whatever

I'm not even sure if 3Dmark is compatible with x64 yet, and by all means your score may even be lowered

Also, 3Dmark05 is very GPU dependant and the outcome of your score has little weight from CPU power, so even if you were to own a physically faster processor your score would not change very much at all

Ok thanks a lot Kazekage, I am almost done downloading 3dMark 03 and I will post my score in probably about 15 minutes.

I was wondering if you think my score should be higher because I just built my new machine and I really thought my 7800 GTX would just blow me away (I had a Geforce ti4200 in my old machine). I don't know, is an 05 score of 7835 really good, like good enough for the new games? Or should I consider OCing my machine?

Of course it's good enough...you pretty much own the fastest consumer video card on the market right now...overclocking doesn't hurt though :p

Ok thanks, sorry I just realized your name is gaara, im retarded. I know it's a great card, I probably shouldn't mess with it. Thanks again.

Wow, lol. Yea it is a very good score. I just went to Futuremark's Videocard listings and with your setup people were getting in the 8000s so yea, its a good score. Overclocking, you can maybe score 8500 :).

Even not overclocking, you're going to destroy any game out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom