Wont Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
Ever since i tried to swap a hard drive in my computer the thing doesnt boot anymore, it starts up, checks devices but then comes to the screen which says that i have shut it down wrong and how would i like to boot it, ive tried safe boot, but it freezes. Ive tried last known configuration, freezes, and boot normally which displays the little progress bar but freezes when the bar gets to the end. can someone please help?

First off, I'd check the jumper settings on your hard drive. I know it sounds rudimentary, but double check the connections between the hard drive and the motherboard, you'd be surprised how many times the weirdest problems are something painfully simple.

P.S. If that doesn't work, try booting your computer with a live Linux CD if you have one, and see if it at least recognizes a hard drive.

checked all the connections, seemed fine. I thought if I disconnect the power totally from the wall, the error wont come up, the one that says i shut it down wrong, but this isnt the case?

what bootable linux do u suggest, or any will do?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom