Help with video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

cihjx95

Beta member
Hello all, I am currently upgrading my pc and need some help picking a good video card. My current set up is:

P4 1.7 GHz
1 Gb SDRAM PC 133
4X AGP slot

I looking for a card that can last about two years until I get a new system. Anything under the price of $170 would be great
I mostly play FPS.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

well if those are your specs, I wouldn't go with 6600 or 6800, go for something lower, maybe Radeon 9500.

PSU a meager 200w I was thinking about a new one but was unsure if it was necessary.

Thanks for the help so far

ouch, well I am not sure. That's really not enough. You can find a fairly decent 350w for pretty cheap.

Since you're talking about spending a good $170ish for upgrades, get yourself a 30ish dollar 350w PSU, and a 6600GT. That will be money well spent, because if you're going to get a decent card, you're gonna need a decent new PSU. Go to newegg and find a PSU with some solid reviews and ask some guys around here.

Ryan

I agree about watching WHICH psu you get, but I also want to make clear that there are quality PSU's for 30 dollars. You know?
Just check here and ask once you find one with solid reviews for how much you want to spend.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom