Windows XP Screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latty05

Baseband Member
hi i have a compaq presario s6800UK with XP home recently it went doolaly on me and when i tried to log on it said "a problem is preventin g windows from accuratly checking the license for this computer" 0x80090019 so i went to compaq system recovery console and done a non destructive recovery but this made it worse every time i turn the pc on now it goes straight to the recovery console i tried the destructive recovery aswell same result.
tryed safe mode it says "following file is missing or corrupt <widnows root>\system32\hal.dll
PLEASE HELP! im at ends loss im considering to just buy a new hard drive and install windows on it again cos i hav no idea what to do!

that site does not help me i cant get into windows at all to repair it shud i just buy a new hard drive?

you shouldn't have to buy a new hard drive, just format the old one,...

but you might want to find a way to back up your info first...

there is no windows xp install disc to boot because the pc has its own seperate windows recovery built in so normally when things go wrong you just recover it from that but it dosnt work!

how do i just reformat it? i cant get into windows

first off, you will need a windows xp installation disk...

then like brady said, you can do a repair, or you can format and install a fresh copy...

if you can get a cd from a friend or download an iso off the internet, then your product key should be on a holographic sticker on the side of the computers case...

EDIT: make sure boot from cd is selected in the bios...

no i cant boot in safe mode ill try and get a copy of windows if i can i just put it in my pc then it shud just boot up yea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom