CPU speed fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you get the MOBO model number please?

From what I can gather from your conversations here, this is what you have...

AMD athlon 2200 with 266 FSB.
DFI Lanparty, unknown model.(possibly:LANPARTY KT400A or LANPARTY NF II )

One thing that I think of right away is heat. The processor and mobo that you are using, should have a thermal control system which in the case of a high temp reading, will clock your processor back.
Have you checked your heatsink and thermal compound? have you checked to make sure you have adaquate air flow through the case?

Your processor has been clocked back by 50%, which I would take as a safty measure the system is doing.
Take a look and see what you find. Remove the side, then look at the heatsink/fan assembly. is it working?

dude your totaly right because, it has been over heating so bad that i had to take the side pannel off and stick a fan next to it...and when i check the BIOS it says 50% heat thing...

this thing has always overheated reall bad...i try to keep my room cool but there is only so much i can do for it :(

try sticking one of those big house fans in the side of your case and see what happens. also make sure your CMOS jumpers are correct, cause i heard one time that it was default on 1-2 and he put it on 2-3 and it was back to normal

well, there you go. You need to find a new heat sink, and fan. Get something that has a lot of fins, and a decent fan.

There is nothing wrong with your machine, it's just that there isn't enough air moving through it. Look for ways to get the cables out of the way, and make sure you have an intake and exhaust fan running.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom