dead keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff

Beta member
I recently reloaded windows xp pro to my computer to refreshen the system due to various infected windows files. During the final stage of the reload, the system crashed and the computer started to boot up and shut down again continuiously on it's own. I removed the hard drive to see what had happened and found that the windows files were completely missing. I decided to wipe the hard drive as I already had a complete back of all the files.I then reinstalled the hard drive but now cannot get the system to reboot from a disc or floppy because the the keyboard will only function in the bios and does not function at all in windows setup. does anyone have any ideas where I can go from here.I am running a jetway motherboard p4xfcu and an intel p4 processor.

Do you have the keyboard attached via USB or PS2? In case you didnt know, PS2 is the round connector, usually with a purple sleeve. Normally, a USB keyboard will need drivers to work, which is hard to do without Windows being installed. On the other hand, a keyboard plugged in via PS2 needs no driver to function.

Thanks, but I already tried a ps2 adapter on usb keyboard thinking the same thing with no response.Also as I mentioned the keyboard operates ok in the bios but not in windows set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom