running proccess in background on startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey i would like to run my mysql-nt.exe and apache.exe on startup and i was wondering how to set it so that it loads and runs in the background on startup.

Or to ensure it loads with every profile in case there are multiple users drop both the files into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

setup a scheduled task to run at logon. You can also run it with an alternate credential that way, so when it's run, it doens't matter who the person is.

Another option: Somewhere there is a program that allows normal processes to be run as services. No idea where to find it or what it is called, but it might be somethign else to consider.

but will it popup the apache.exe cuz i just want it to run in the background without having to see it.

I don't think it will, but you should test it and see. If you want to do a service, then you have to setup application sockets and some other stuff to make it work right.
There is a whole bunch of stuff I have to do when programming a service program. I don't think you can just run any app as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom