paultfh

Solid State Member
System:
Epox 8rda3+
athlon 2500 barton
512 ddr
80 gig WD SATA
Radeon 8500

The problem started when I replaced the Radeon with a Geforce FX 5200 128mb video card. The computer would freeze when XP would normally be loading up. Sometimes it will hang on a black screen, sometimes it will go to a blue screen that says "BAD-POOL_CALLER".

I have replaced the original card and tried booting from an XP cd. When it says "Boot from CD ..." it just hangs.

When I try to go into safemode it stops on a black screen with a command line that reads "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe"

I have tried different xp disks and also tried a NTLDR Fix boot disk, but I can't get anything to boot. I have reset the bios many times, and my boot sequence is set to CDROM then SCSI\SATA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you install the Nvidia drivers ?

You need to put your ATI back in there and load that up (diskless).
Then: Completely delete all of the ATI related drivers, shut it down and install the Nvidia Card and bring it up in Safe Mode w/Networking and install the drivers that way.

ATI and Nvidia drivers HATE eachother... huge problems with the switching of these 2 cards.

It posts - It boots up, loads the SATA drivers, then when XP should load up it hangs. In the original post I described the messages I get loading windows normally and in safemode. I have also tried to reload the last known configuration but it just freezes.

Sounds like it is having trouble passing the system off to the ntldr. Try resetting the CMOS to clear up any nonsense that it may be causing. Worth a shot at this point. Just pull your batter out for about 15 min and reconfigure your devices in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom