9800 xt, overclock/overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
first off, if anyone has a 9800 xt, what do you have it o/c to? so i can get a nice opinion on where to start out...., also, the card is like 66c!, wtf... is that normal?.. ohh yeah, and btw, in RavenShield, when i play online, everything is weird, like it all refreshes late, different parts of the screen when i move the mouse around, never used to happen with my old card, and also when i get shot once, my settngs for anti alias and my filtering go away, if i minimize it and max it, all my settings are back to normal? help! hehe

Not sure but you can check a couple of things 1st of have you ran any 3Dmark01 bench tests if so what are your scores ?

(duh :) )if it only happens on RavenShield i would asume there could be a tweak file somewhere to address refresh rate issues.
The scores are respectable so that eliminated any sugestions i had .The heat issue im not so sure i like the cover youd think it would run alot cooler than it does ?Im debating on removing mine hehe .Overclock im like you waiting for a response :)

hey cappy, ya know it's only been a few days, but it pushed the card to to 440/375, and it made no difference what so ever lol... personally, since the card runs so hot, i'm just going to leave it, i guess an overclock on a card like ours just... doesn't go anywhere since it's so fast anyways.. also, i read that my cards overdrive won't turn on unless it's below 56C, well i have it on right now even though it says 64-66C... hrm

Some cards are locked so they cant be overclocked .Sense you did overclock yours it sounds like it is locked, sense you saw no difference at all.Thats 1 of the tests they recomended trying.Overclock it to specs that you no it would have problems running at or even crashing.Theres some tools available to unlock this feature. I saw a link here in 1 of the threads but cant remeber which .look at the thread overclock a 9600 to a 9800 i think that was it hehe.Im just letting mine burn in real good 1st.
The more i think about it , i think the cover is holding in more heat than its letting out .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom