OCing my 3000+ Venice

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyways, i would post the for sale thread about the case the i need 40 psots to do so, is there anyway that can be voided?

I just got that RAM, I haven't got a chance to play with it yet. I am hoping this weekend.

please don't deny some one else scores especially when they'll been into this hobby for years. With the proper GPU core speeds and mem speeds, all waterblocked and ramsinked, flashed 3200+ xp proc yes scores can raise higher. With a decent AMD 64bit and a x800xt you can hit high 9's to 10's with the proper overclocked gpu core and mem speeds once again. There is no reason why a flashed 3200+ proc and flashed x800pro to x800xtpe speeds (12p's to 16's) can't perform the same. With 2 gigs of Cosair's XMS Low Latency sticks yes it can be done.
How do you define "proper" overclocked GPU? What you are suggesting is the fact that you've beaten the current 3Dmark record with an x800

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=38454

That is an x800xt pe running 806/648 on dry ice at -85C and it got 8250...you are claiming to be getting high 8000s and 9000s on WATER with temperatures well over 100C higher than them

You even suggest that with an AMD64 system you can break 10k, yet low and behold that project was done with the fastest CPU on the market at the time and it was overclocked

I'm tired of seeing these random kids who make such ridiculous claims around here...you even added on a bit about corsair XMS at the end...lol

That's the exact same RAM I have. I think it's really good for the price. It's really a great value if you're not into the super hardcore overclocking.

Also... back to the subject of this thread... I had my CPU at 2.4Ghz, and my RAM at 240Mhz, 2.5-3-3-6 2T... ran Prime 95 for 2.5 hours and it ended with a rounding error. Then, that night, I ran it again, but this time it went 13.5 hours with no errors. I didn't change any of the settings at all. Is there any cause for concern here?

Also... back to the subject of this thread... I had my CPU at 2.4Ghz, and my RAM at 240Mhz, 2.5-3-3-6 2T... ran Prime 95 for 2.5 hours and it ended with a rounding error. Then, that night, I ran it again, but this time it went 13.5 hours with no errors. I didn't change any of the settings at all. Is there any cause for concern here?
weird...generally mines the opposite...it'll run 13 hours then for no reason only run 2 lol.

run it again just to make sure I guess....did you do it during the day the first time or somethin? Maybe it was cooler at night and your system liked it better, dont know...fan over the RAM always helps out in those situations

How about you take some screenies and prove that you acheived this so called score of ~9K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom