which are not essential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
my computer is sooo slow - i have a p3 which takes ages to work. i keep pressing ctrl alt del to stop some of the processes which arent necessary but i thought i should ask here the importance of each task so that i keep the imp ones and get rid of the unimp ones. so can anyone advise which one needs to keep and ones i can do without? id like to get rid of whatever i dont need. these are the processes running:

image name / user name / mem usage
svchost.exe / system / 3688K
lsass.exe / system / 1640
csrss.exe / system / 1412
rundll32.exe / anuj / 864
services.exe / system / 808
mdm.exe / system / 460
nprotect.exe / system / 408

can anyone advise?

Well, aside from that not being a complete list of the processes running, everything looks good. If you have the few things running, and you still have a problem with slowness, perhaps its time to downgrade your OS, or upgrade your hardware.

Or Upgrade your OS. I Had a P3 866MHz processor running xp pro, the thing ran better then i would have ever imagined. Beleive it or not, i could run games that a 866Mhz shouldn't handle. I was playing Counter strike, doom 3 and everything. Had 1GB Ram, and a 256 Radeon PCI Video Card. What Operating System Are you runnning?

yeah this has been slow for years.

Here are the specs:

AMD Duron Processor
901 MHz
120 RAM

I should maybe put win 98 on it but cant find that anywhere. Hey how hard would it be to put RAM in here? I havent bothered because a friend told me the RAM in here would be so old I wouldnt be able to find it anywhere except in an old computer, is that true? Woudl it be available at the big stores like Futureshop?

Sure it would be available through bigstores. Ad oalso online. I would upgrade the ram to at least 512mb. i would get a oem version of windows xp pro. and i bet that it will run very smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom