New Gaming Rig (comments/suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT

Baseband Member
well im finnally building my new system and i want it to last a while (adleast till direct X 10 cards and windows vista come out) so im looking to go all out with this machine. plus when the new cards and stuff come out im looking only to upgrade my graphics card and ram or sumthing....soo this is what ive come up with

Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe ATX AMD Motherboard
or: DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR Motherboard

CPU AMD 64 X2 3800+ socket 939

Graphics card XFX geforce 7800GTX (pre overclocked) PCI/E

Ram 2X 1 gig pc 3200 ddr400 ram (kingston or A-open)

Thermaltake 500w power supply

i already have a 160 gig baracuda hard drive and a dual layer DVD burner and so forth along with a thermaltake tsunami dream case im just replacing the core of my computer, so how does all that sound.....do u think that will last me ?.....i was thinking of going for a 4000+ AMD single core but opted for the 3800+ dual core, is that smart ?....also will those tweo motherboards support dual core

GhOsT said:
.....do u think that will last me ?
Definitely.
GhOsT said:
.....i was thinking of going for a 4000+ AMD single core but opted for the 3800+ dual core, is that smart ?
Yeah, dual core will last you longer.
GhOsT said:
....also will those tweo motherboards support dual core
Yes, they will.

thanks for your quick reply, well im just not sure which motherboard to get, they are both very similar but why does everybody suggest DFI ?

anyhting else you guys suggest i should get or swap ?

ok well it looks like ive completed my final build now, the parts i need and have selected are as follows, please comment..

Motherboard - MSI K8N Diamond SLI (does this support dual core)

CPU - AMD x2 Dual Core 3800+

Graphics Card - MSI 7800GTX vivo 256 mb DDR3

Ram - 2X 1 gig corsair DDR400

Hard drive - 160gig seagate baracuda

these are all the parts i need to rebuild my new computer, comments on parts chosen would be greatly appreicated, im hoping this new machine will be classed as a hardcore gaming rig...thanks

Don't get the XFX video card, and don't get an ASUS motherboard for the AMD64 platform, simply put.

The DFI is alright, but I like Abit better, the MSI is very solid as well.

For the card, get either eVGA, Giga-Byte, MSI, or BFG. Stay away from Leadtek and XFX.

The setup looks great, make sure thats a SATA.

yep cool thanks for all ur help, ive decided to go with MSI because of the D.O.T tech and various other things, so now my question, will the MSI K8N Diamond SLI motherboard support dual core ?

i Beg you not to get a TT power supply especially for a rig your building, look at some of the antec, enermax and OCZ ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom