2gb ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
easy question do you think i should get another gig make it 2gig or you think waste of money because 1gig is more than adequate but 2gig will be awesome what you think

For some games/applications, 1 gig is not enough. Take world of warcraft, with 1 gig the game still has a few memory issues.

what are you going to be doing with the computer? Games?
For some advance graphic games, HL2, Quake4, CS Source. Sometime 1GB is not enough. I would say go to 2GB if your a avid gamer.

I will have to agree with them. 1Gb is now like the old 512. You must remember that all new apps and games are going to have higher standards which will make upgrading a must. I run 2gb and couldn't imagine only having 1Gb IMO.

Anything more than 2Gb is a waste. This is why: No apps will use more than 2Gb + the RAM will actually become fragmented. You will not notice any performace enhancement going from 2Gb to 3 or 4Gb. All you will get is a little more heat.

i wouldn't rush to 3gb or 4 gb. 2gb should serve you fine. I think it would be a waste of money to do it now. i would wait, and buy it down the road as needed. But 2gb is enough for now in my opinion.

1GB for now is just fine with most of the games and applications out. The only reason for upgrading to 2GB is because a couple of new PC games that are comming out. I wouldn't rush to 2GB yet, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom