Psu Blew Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gust_nul

In Runtime
Hey, oK ,, i have a friend and he went to turn his pc on and a noise came from the back as if somthing had blown and it wouldnt turn on again. So what do you think it is?
HAS IT HAPPEN TO YOU?!
if so.. please tell me cause i dont wanna install a new Psu then
than one blow out again,
Thanks

"Sounds" like a psu issue. I haven't heard anything else make a "Noise" like you described other than a PSU... Do you have an extra laying around you could test with ?

i have heard the sound before on 2 different things.
1. as brndi stated, a psu
2. A warped fan on a video card.

if its the fan on the video card, you can replacement fans really cheep. and there are very easy to install.

Yeah thanks, dont think its the video card cause the pc wont start up, and i dont think it has a fan, Yeah think its my psu im just interested why it happend out of the blue! lol

true, i was focusing on the noise, overlooked the start up problem. My bad.

Yes i would agree with brandi and say it is the psu.

Brandi have you ever heard of that happening to a fan on a video card? I've seen it twice already.

Me neither! They are all crap in my eyes. My parents spent over a grand on a pc with inserance for about 600 and they have has the case replaced.. and they done such a bad job! it still lying there demolished.. Packard bell eh? lol

PhillipBelcher said:
BRADY have you ever heard of that happening to a fan on a video card? I've seen it twice already.

I myself have never been witness to it happening next to me, however I have had some clients say that they have heard a weird noise in the machine and all of a sudden it went black.
however when that happens there is usually physical damage to the GPU fan or card itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom