Got new mobo but old problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
ok i just got my
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131538
today and now when i go to boot it says scanning ide ports and then just shuts down.
now could this possibly be because the cpu fan is not being detected? because that got caught in the fan once but no noticable damage.
or is just cause im not setting the bios in time.
and as far as posting goes i only hear one beep and thats it.

Interesting, i would almost want to say it is a problem with the CPU. Is the Heatsink installed properly? Did you use thermal Paste? Seems like your CPU is overheating, and to prevent damage it is shutting itself off. I would Unplug the machine, and re-install the CPU and Heatsink.
Good Luck

Phil

I just had the same problem!! Its those damn 775 intel sockets! I hate them. Make sure u install the cpu h/s and fan outside of the case, so u can see if it all the h/s prongs go in ok. Its probably not touching the cpu properly and making the system shut down. It should get 2 100deg then shut down. Can u see ure cpu temp quickly in BIOS?

ahh that may be right cause i did put my hs/f on after ill check it out thanks.

ok great ive got good news and bad. it was the fact that its the temps. bad news is ive gotten it to stay under a hundred and surf the bios and all that but i cant get it under 85C.i think im just gonna need to get a new hs/f cause this on is giving me troubles getting it on cause the pins that go into the mobo are messed up. 60$ down the toilet but i really dont wanna deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom