Badly Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightnin

Beta member
im a TOTAL N00b at com stuff so please help me with 2 probs.
my old hd died of uknown cause so i got a new one. all went well untill i tried to install ethernet controller driver, for some reason it can't find it on the com, and i haf no cd for it... and also i haf a wireless connection which works jus fine, but i put a direct cable into the router and it wouldnt work at all, not show up at all. y is that? and i cannot browse some sites that I KNOW ARE UP. i try repeatedly but it still dont work.
PLZ HELP ME I AM DYING THNX

Is the ethernet built-in? Try window's update, it finds the driver half the time...otherwise look up your motherboard's site (if self-built), or manfacturer (HP, Dell etc)'s site and find the driver. Same with if it's just a card...WinXP should have a generic driver for it, anyhow... but finding the original driver on the manufacturer's site (Netgear, Linksys etc.) never hurt anything!

Plugging the cable from router->computer should be useless considering there is no driver? But if your browsing some sites...you would already have a driver?

Sounds very odd for a fresh install...is this XP?

yes it is xp, and yes i already haf like half a driver i guess lol, cuz i can browse the net fine half the time, and also something wierd is wen i try to repair my connection, it says cannot renew ip address. its a dell btw, so i will check the site and windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom