XFX. Grrrr.... (I have got a few quetions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Well firstly...

My XFX 6800 has decided to get artifactts in BIOS and dos, and I can't boot into windows (apart from strangely, I can get into safe mode fine w/o artifacts, but where is the fun in that, as I can't do much there.) Anyway, I requested a RMA number from www.overclockers.co.uk, and recieved it. But in the terms and conditions it says:

4. Completeness of Returned Item(s) - All returned goods must be complete including all internal packaging, cables, manuals, drivers and protective bags, however small. Any items received incomplete will not be processed and will be held for collection by the customer. Alternatively the items will be returned to the customer subject to the payment of a £10 + return shipping + VAT charge.

Well I have everything except for a bit of plastic casing that holds the graphics card in place, which I can't find.

How much will this matter? As I want to have it replaced, and hopefully before FEAR comes out...

(It was FEAR multiplayer demo that killed it)

(I am currently on a P3 450mhz, 64mb of ram pc, and it is unbelievably stressful to do anything.)

What should I do if they refuse to send a replacement? As it wasn't my fault, and I don't think it is right that I would have to pay £10 + postage + VAT on all of that, which will be over £20, to get back a card that doesn't work.

Anyway, now that the case has been opened, and I have quite a bit of time on my hands, that was spent on photoshop and GTR, I want to re apply the thermal compound as a few months ago, the heatsink had to be taken off, and I didn't have the thermal compound handy then, so any way it needs re applying. Should I wait to get a replacement graphics card, so then the PC can be turned on? Or will it be fine if I applied it now?

Also, is the Thermaltake soprano any good?

Recall the company and tell them what is missing and what you should do. Record, very carefully, what they tell you. If I were you, I'd get in contact with XfX directly. I had a used card I bought on Ebay (gt6800) and they RMA'd that card and replaced it no questions asked. No box or sales receipt!!

na just get a sleeve u dont have to hhave everything exact man just as long as its there, kinda.
and wow u can run fear on 64mb ram? thats freaking amazing u gotta post some benchies lol. WOW
i take it r talking about the anti static rap? if so just get some and use that no biggy im sure. if it is take em to court. lol

I am currently on that oooold PC, as it is the only one in the house that works, and it actually never stopped working once.

I don't think it was anything special, just a bit of plastic that held it in place. I will just send it to them, and not have any intention of paying the £20 return if they refuse to replace it. They will recieve a nice phone call though. :p

It has been sent special delivery (the buisness one) and insured for upto £500. It will get there tomorrow before 10am.

Is the only differnce between the Thermaltake soprano and tsunami the material it is made from? Everything else exactly the same? As I'm considering asking my friend who's uncle owns a local computer shop to come with me. (I don't usually do this, but he has done it for other friends...)

(It was FEAR multiplayer demo that killed it)

(I am currently on a P3 450mhz, 64mb of ram pc, and it is unbelievably stressful to do anything.)

Shocking you can run the demo of fear. Thats incredible. That must be like a snail in a funnycar drag race.

I am writting this on a P3 450mhz. I was playing FEAR on the pc, which you can see the specs if you click on the link to imageshack.

I think it would of been better to leave that out, but I have re read it, and I still don't see how it confused anyone, but then again, I know what I meant...

Anyway, the Soprano or Tsunami? (and preferable an answer to the other questions in the first post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom