XP PRO Freezes on NEW COMP????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, then if u guys say so, i will drop it to the normal speed. However, to do this i gotta have some help. Wat do u gotta do to change gighertz? :)

And, Like I said above, after running memtest 86, test you components as I described above.

Hey on memtest, i went to website and got the latest version and saved it to a floppy disk....then i set my bios to boot from floppy, but it didnt...pls help

i think u messed up ur cpu by overclocking that much. i really think u damaged it and and ur pc has become unstable. u overclocked the hell out of that processor man!!!

tariqadkhan said:
i think u messed up ur cpu by overclocking that much. i really think u damaged it and and ur pc has become unstable. u overclocked the hell out of that processor man!!!

when I was trying to explain that to him, he jump on me because he didn't like the answer

How do u get memtest setup on a cd AND mainly, WHICH OF THE six memtest 1.65 verson downloads do u get???i want this for cd becuz my floppy drive is @%$#%% .....thanx

before you do that, go into your bios and lower your FSB front side bus to 100. if it work fine up it to 133. if it still work try 166, but I wouldn't go any higher than that

Hey eric!!!! THANX for ur suggestion of going to bios. I didnt 1find FSB, but i did find a thing called cpu clock....i lowered it to 140 and the system boots and runs fine with no freeze. It was luck that i changed it.......but thanx u guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom