Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a good idea. but what make the different versions of linux so different ( i really don't know anything about it besides the name)

For linux some suck more than others but generally they are all based on the aclaimed "pure" linux.

As for the backround all I can say is "No......."

So the second part of Vista needs the new Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 in order to run it but the first part doesn't?

I don't know where you heard that it should run fine on any 3.0 Ghz Hyper Thread and it works fine on my ordinary 2.40 Ghz no hyper threading processor.

I thought that the new windows vista ran on 64 bit processor. That's what a lot of ppl told me. So that means anyone with pentium 4 can run vista. that's good...i thought i had to get a 64 bit comp.

quixotic115 said:
I thought that the new windows vista ran on 64 bit processor. That's what a lot of ppl told me. So that means anyone with pentium 4 can run vista. that's good...i thought i had to get a 64 bit comp.

what the big deal? you can now go 64 bit for a little over 200.00. it cost me 500.00 back in april-may (mobo-processor) of this year

well i heard that XP cannot use the new processors to their full potential so it's kind of a waste (i was thinking of getting an HP Media Center) but if it's not going to affect the speed tremendously as advertised and whatnot, then what's the point? Also I have an HP computer so it's not like I made it myself so I wouldn't be able to install a new processor.

quixotic115 said:
well i heard that XP cannot use the new processors to their full potential so it's kind of a waste (i was thinking of getting an HP Media Center) but if it's not going to affect the speed tremendously as advertised and whatnot, then what's the point? Also I have an HP computer so it's not like I made it myself so I wouldn't be able to install a new processor.

that what we are here for. all you need to do was buy a new case with the mobo and processor.

eventual the software will catch up with the processor. it was like that with hyperthreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom