Upgrading Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruckus

Beta member
Sup everyone. I'm gonna make this short and simple ; ). Here are my specs, and if anyone could give me suggestions on what needs upgrading most, and what i should upgrade it with, then that would be great.

Nforce2 Gigabyte motherboard
ATI x800xl AGP 256
AMD 2.8 Ghz processor (NOT 64 bit)
1gb pc3200 ram

thx in advance

P.S. Oh and also, this really has nothing to do w/ computers but, as im only 15, i have NO money income at all, whatsoever, so if anyone has suggestions on what a youngster can do to earn some green that rock hard. Thx all :D.

I wouldnt even bother upgrading at this point.

If you do any upgrades, it would be a complete system makeover (new mobo+CPU).

But, other than that, there isnt much point...

oh and macdude, as for the rough budget thing, ive got maybe 300 or so to work w/. Obviously thats not a lot but....well as i said before, any help would be great. Also, anyone mind telling me on average how good my system is, ie: low end, medium end, high end....that would help. thanks all :D

So you have an AMD 2800+ or an AMD that is running at 2.8ghz? Personally I think that now is not a good time to upgrade. Come next year DX10 graphic cards will be coming out, Dual core processors are starting to become more popular, and RAM requirements are growing. I am waiting until around this time next year to upgrade after Vista comes out and things start to settle down a bit.

For the record, I got a job the day I turned 14. Been working ever since. Just gotta know where to look. I worked at a miniature golf course. :)

No real point of upgrading IMO. My PC is way worse than that and I somehow manage to play BF2 great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom