10 seconds, AMD processor, no heat sync, how bad could it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
matt2m said:
maybe say you bought the wrong socket or something :confused:

Newegg supports 60 day exchanges right? I guess I'd have to return it and say I'll buy another on my own time... because if I return this processor and in one shot buy another one they'll be like uh wtf, same processor? How could you of gotten the wrong socket?

dude those CPU's can fry within 1 second muchless 10

Newegg supports 60 day exchanges right? I guess I'd have to return it and say I'll buy another on my own time... because if I return this processor and in one shot buy another one they'll be like uh wtf, same processor? How could you of gotten the wrong socket?
last time I checked it was 90 days, either way, it's all practically automatic...so they'd never know who you are or that you've returned then bought the same CPU.....

they only allow 15 days for full refunds, so you need to say it's DOA and they'll replace it...if all else fails then you'd have to send to the manufacturer

Nubius said:
dude those CPU's can fry within 1 second muchless 10

last time I checked it was 90 days, either way, it's all practically automatic...so they'd never know who you are or that you've returned then bought the same CPU.....

they only allow 15 days for full refunds, so you need to say it's DOA and they'll replace it...if all else fails then you'd have to send to the manufacturer

Thank you.

matt2m said:
good luck to you man hope things work out.

Heh, assuming it does work, would ya think I shortened its life?

Meh, I'll do this tomorrow. Time for work... dreaded night shift.

DAMNITTTTTTTTTTTTT. Newegg won't return it PERIOD. I gotta go through AMD. :mad:

I wonder something. The thermal paste, that GLUES the CPU chip to the heat sync, doesn't it? So if I return them and they're apart, wouldn't they ignore this and be like sorry dude, you're out of luck. (??)

So should I load it with thermal paste first?

Yes, that is a good idea. Put the thermal paste and heatsink on it and power it up -- regardless of if it works or not, this way it will look like you used the paste.

Fallen851 said:
Good luck, I had this happen, my processor was cooked.

Yeah? How long did you have it on for?

What exactly did you go through to get it replaced? See, I had limited time before coming to work tonight, and at work I have a series of short breaks so I can't get a lot of research done to do this for my own. Anyway, what exactly did you do? Did you have an AMD processor? See, I bought the processor from newegg.com. I went into the section to get one of those authorized numbers so I could send the item back, however the mobo and CPU were the only 2 that I couldn't do this with. I had to do this through the manufacturer. WTF? I thought newegg had a 2 week period or something where they'll replace stuff... doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, even when I went on the AMD site and looked around I couldn't find anything. Can you or anyone else here help steer me in the right direction? I'd like to send this thing out tomorrow morning.

thermal paste only makes better heat transfer, it doesn't glue it to anything permanently.

More than likely they'll ask simply for the CPU to be returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom