New PC no display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't tried that yet but I will do that later also. Thanks for the suggestion, my thinking is a bit strained from it all at this stage and I might have taken me another while to get around to that. I should have all things to do with the graphics checked in two and a half hours time.
casey

I say the same thing too. Try another graphics card, with or without the floppy connected you should be able to get display. If you said that you tried other moniters then the moniter is not the problem but also thre port.
Did A+ Recently....

Looks bad. The graphics card is fine. I'm using it as I write from a different machine. Going to see if I can get a different processor to work. Also the card is AGP and I tried a PCI one in the machine aswell but nothing. Getting to sound closer to a recognisable problem?

---

Tried a few more permutations but still the same. The lights flash on the keyboard, the DVD drive light flashes. Nothing from the floppy drive, no beeps and no display.
casey

Just put a P4 in and I got a screen display do it looks like the problem is either with the Pentium M chip or the CT-479 adaptor. I'll post back once I sort it out.
Thanks again,
casey

try rearanging your cables, and make sure everything is plugged in. Just one little cord can screw everything up man.

Now finished with this topic. About to post a new one specific to the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe mobo.
Thanks for all the help.
casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom