new comp doesnt want to shut down need help plzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrumy3

Solid State Member
well i have a problem here I do a windows shutdown in XP and it goes throught the process but all the fans, case LED's, case temp gauge are all still on....my friends said that it felt like the HD was still on too. My LCD is still on but it's a black or blank screen as it doesn't get a "no input signal" and go into power save mode (as it normally would when my old computer shut off). I have to hold the power button in to shut it off.

dont know what it could be my specs are:

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz socket 630
ASRock 775v88 motherboard
Corsair Value Select 2 512MB RAM
Western Digital 30GB ATA 100
Turbolink LC-A420ATX 420W power supply that came with the X-Dreamer II case.

please help me

start -> run -> msconfig -> check if any "weird" things (viruses, unknown programs) are running, and disable them. And i would never turn off my PC because i have XP, and it always does updates...never ending updates!

I definetly agree with talldude123. If my computer got viruses or spyware installed, it used to do the exact same thing. If this doesn't help, I would suggest running your virus scan/ spyware scanner if it picks anything out

You have a spyware/malware running. If you have a legit XP home or pro, download microsoft spyware beta1.....run it and I'll bet that you have a spyware program running in the background!!!! Once you assassinate the bastard all will be good!

I hope you get your problem fixed but I have to say it's pretty funny to come into this forum and see a thread titled:

Computer keeps shutting down?? Plz help

and right underneath it is another thread titled

hu_xu said:
I hope you get your problem fixed but I have to say it's pretty funny to come into this forum and see a thread titled:

Computer keeps shutting down?? Plz help

and right underneath it is another thread titled

lol lol i know sounds funny but it doesnt

well i scanned my computer with ad-aware and some other spywayre stuff got nothing but some cookies, so i really dont know what this problem could be

redrumy3 said:
well i have a problem here I do a windows shutdown in XP and it goes throught the process but all the fans, case LED's, case temp gauge are all still on....my friends said that it felt like the HD was still on too. My LCD is still on but it's a black or blank screen as it doesn't get a "no input signal" and go into power save mode (as it normally would when my old computer shut off). I have to hold the power button in to shut it off.

please help me

Sounds like your computer is going into standby mode when u shut it down.

There are 2 types of standby.. one where power is still on,fans.. and everything runs.. but the screen is off and the computer is basically idle apart form the fans and the 2nd where the computer turns off and stores everything under RAM until its brought out of Standby so in the 2nd one nothing is running.. computer is basically off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom