what the diference between xp pro oem & xp pro retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
no support, no documentation, no reinstalls (yea ok...), no extra stuff basically...

i suggest OEM version because it's basically the same but cheaper!

how you meen no reinstalls you meen you can only have this on one computer but with retail you can have it on another cos i have two comps and wanted it on both

It doesn't make any difference. If you need to reinstall windows you just give MS a call when it rejects your internet activation of the os. They will reactivate it as many times as you want as long as you specifiy that it is only installed on one machine i.e., the puter you bought the OEM verfion for. Retail, you can install on any single computer. Say you buy an new machine...you can intall retail on that machine etc. So if you are a moron, tell MS that your OEM is installed on another machine....they'll now request you buy another OEM or retail OS....doh!

so i cant put the oem version on both my comps then so ill be better with retail version

Listen to me carefully......technically, you are supposed to buy two copies of XP (OEM or Retail) for two different machines etc.....they have no way of knowing what machine the software is running on unless you tell them........what you do is up to you. I'm not advocating anything here. Some people install a single OEM copy on multiple machines in their homes etc. by telling MS that each install is on the same machine.........the "ethical choice" is up to you.

with oem, you can generally only put it onto a brand new system, or that's what they want you to do, with retail you can use it ti upgrade or put on a new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom