Problems starting up after installing Zalman VF700-CU

Status
Not open for further replies.

espeed

In Runtime
Hiya,

I just installed the Zalman VF700-CU on my BFG 6800gt but now i get a long beep when i startup and the system goes no where, ive got know idea whats causing it. Because the Zalman fan plugs straight to a power connector I have not bothered plugging a power connector into the graphics card as I dont see a reason to. Am I right in assuming this?

Can anyone tell me why this might be happening?

Im really anxious to get this sorted, thanks.

false alarm, i solved the problem, turns out i still have to plus the power connector to the graphics card. Silly me.....

After more testing i have found that running my 6800gt at 400/1100 for about 20 minutes playing FEAR mulyiplayer, i reached a maximum load temp of 58 degrees. This a drop of 20 degrees from my stock cooler. Im gonna overclock even further to test the temp differences, but it seems my load temps at 400/1100 arent any higher than my load temps at 370/1000 which must mean the heat dicapation on the zalman works harder as the frequency increases.

Thats really cool... I have the same card.. I have the ZALMAN cpu cooler ( not installed yet ) and I am actually thinking about the GPU cooler they have, although Im not sure they will both fit properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom