Alcohol 120% demo disabled my DVD drives!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bradybnmci said:
Do you know how to clean up the registry yourself ? w/o using a 3rd party app ?

No I sure dont. Is it hard to do? I understand that it's pretty dangerous to mess with the registry if you don't know what you're doing (like me!).

I'll try to clean it myself as a last resort. I think I'm going to try Juice Daddy's suggestion fisrt but I REALLY appreciate your help!

You are not gonna believe the response I got from Alcohol 120% tech support...

Hello Andre,

If you are getting a message saying that Alcohol expired when you browse/right click a virtual drive in My Computer:

This is a known bug in latest trial version of Alcohol that will be solved on a future version. Please goto C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120 and try to delete AXShlEx.dll, if you fail to delete it just rename it some different name, then restart windows, goto the same folder and delete the file.

Anyway this doesn't affect access to physical drives in no way.

Thank you for your Question concerning our Software.

Best Regards
Nuno
Alcohol Soft Support Team

So they KNOW that the software messes people machines up and there is NO warning on the website!!!!

Well I have deleted everything Alcohol related and now my PC doesn't recognize any DVD drives at all. Going to remove the IDE cable, reboot, and check for hardware changes. Then go from there. Thanks again for your help but I'm not gonna mess with this anymore today.

You guys aren't going to believe this... Somehow, the IDE cable walked itself loose where it connects to the mobo. I am SO embarrassed! Although it was really a wild coincidence that it happened at the same time as the Alcohol trial expired. So, thanks to all who helped!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom