CDRW won't burn; works otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil02062

Beta member
Hi
I recently purchased a LITEON 52X SOHR – 5239S CDRW Drive. I connected it the same way and with the same master/slave jumper settings as the drive I replaced. The drive recognizes audio cds, games, and every type of media I put in. When I try to burn a CD with the included NERO software I get a “data verification failed message.” I tried burning without data verification and when the job is complete, the drive does not recognize the CD; it’s as if there’s nothing on it. I tried using other burning software and upon completing the job, the drive still does not recognize the CD. There is plenty of RAM in my machine for the projects I’m trying to burn, and my pc far exceeds all of the minimum requirements for this CDRW. Please offer some assistance/suggestions as to how to remedy my problem. Thank You.

Do you have any error icons in your device manager ?
You are using XP i assume ?

Also, Try lowering your burn rate...
Instead of 52X or whatever you are burning at... try like 8x or something lower than when you have it on.

not that it would make a difference, but can you burn cd's with the windows/roxio engine...(windows xp)

enter my computer, right click the drive, go into properties, and enable recording(might already be enabled)

if you can't burn something that way, I would assume the drive isn't working right...

More on my issue...I uninstalled and reinstalled Nero 6 and I was able to burn a few discs successfully; one with Nero and one with the InCD drag and drop feature. Now, it won't work again. I tried to burn with Nero last night and I got a data verification failed message. Additionaly, in Nero, I cannot change the write speed; I can't change it from 4X. When I try to use the InCD feature (drag and drop; I'm using win2000), I insert the disc and format it with InCD and my drive hangs forever and never completes formatting. I can't open the drive even if the busy light is off, and I have to shut down and restart to get the now junked disc out. I've tried Nero and InCD with the other one uninstalled and it still doesn't work. The drive reads all discs, but it just won't burn. I've also uninstalled all Nero products and installed numerous burning software from download.com and they don't work either. I get a "burn successful" message, but when I reinsert the disc, explorer doesn't recognize it. I click on the drive with the disc in it, and I get a "please insert a disc into drive e" message. Again, I have plenty of memory to do the jobs I want to do. Thanks for the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom