Building Computer, Won't boot-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfischer1

Beta member
Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of building a new computer and I have installed everything and had it looked over by two of my friends that have done this several times before to make sure everything was in the right spot. After them checking it over and giving the go ahead, I turned on the power and all i got was a little blip. A small LED light turns on for about a 1/10 of a second, and the two fans both turn aobut a quarter of an inch.

My friend says it's the physical switch that you push to turn on the power. So I pushed out the switch and gave the wire a small little to make sure the wires were firmly in and one of them easily came out. I could send back the case but it would cost me some good money and if its just a 2 dollar switch, then I would rather just go buy one of the those...

does this problem sound like a switch, has anyone had this problem before, what did you do to fix it, and if it's not a switch, what could it be?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Mike

Sounds like an issue with the power supply. Do you have a spare one to try out? Also I have seen the connection from the power supply to the MOBO not being in snug cause this problem.

Not the switch, the switch just basicly control the flow of electricly when you press it on, your computer turned on so that leaves out the switch. You said both your fans are running and you got pass POST because you hear a beep or is it more than 1 beep? Is the problem because your not getting any visual? or what? How much beep was it?

no no no, there was never any sound. I said a very small LED light on the Mobo lit up for about a 1/10 of a second and the fans move about 1/10 of an inch. The case is a brand new Antec with a 400W ps and the switch basically fell of upon me opening up the front of the case.

need any other info?

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom