Windows error??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcoRyan

Baseband Member
I've got a strange problem on my pc. There are certain icons, such as some install files that when I double click them, I got the following error message:
File location then:
"Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was complete"

Anyone know why I'm getting this and is there a way to fix it?

Cause: Some changes to the security settings in Windows XP SP2 (Service Pack 2) can result in a partially downloaded installation file.

Fix: In order to download a complete copy of the installation file, you'll need to go into your browser and add www.WHICHeverWEBpage.com as a trusted site.

1. Open your browser and go to Tools >> Internet Options >> Security >> Trusted Sites
2. Click on the button at the right titled "Sites" and add www.WHICHeverWEBpage.com to your list
3. Delete any existing copies of the installation file
4. Clear your session cache which is easiest to do by restarting your machine
5. Download a new copy of the installation file

Ok thanks.
I can try that. But the download file IS complete. I know that as a fact. Because I have the install file on disk and used the same disk to install the file before. Anyway, I'll try it out and see what the results are.

Can you open the files from your disk?

Have you tried deleting the files already on your PC and replacing them with the same files you say that you have on the disk?

Do you have enough harddisk space to install it on to and enough free RAM to carry out the installation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom