Failing to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone1969

Solid State Member
Hi am new to these forums and thought maybe some one here could have an idea how to fix my problem.

I turned my computer of and it was working fine came back a few hours later when i tried to boot up it restarted before completing the boot up process on boots after that it got as far as the safe mode menu but when i selected a choice (didnt matter which) it agian restarted i thought maybe there was a problem with my installation so i inserted my XP pro disk and booted from CD only for it to find an error on the CD statting that a file/folders wernt there so i decided to try the disk in a spare machine it tested the hardware which it hadnt done/completed on my machine and stateds the computer didnt have sufficient memory.

I have since tried to install on a fresh Harddrive using a spare CD drive turned of all USB support all to no avail if anyone has any ideas pls help

Did you try to install something before you turned off the machine the first time?

Give us a little more info on what BEFORE you turned the machine off.

Sounds like you had to do "something" on the machine before turning it off.

The only thing i had done was install a trial copy of deer hunter 2004 then did a reboot and played the game for an hr before turning it off

"Edit" I also had a bios password setup so the only person to use the PC is myself.

This is the error msg that came up on retry to install

"An unexpected error (0) occurred at
line 1768 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\arcdisc.c.

Press any key to continue."

but i hadnt changed anything at the origanal time of the problem starting the password has been on the BIOS for the last 3months with no ill effects infact i havent changed the BIOS since the computer was origanaly setup the only thing i had done yesterday when this happened was instal deer huunter 2004 thats why this has me so AAAAARRRRGGHH (ty for trying to help me hope you can find the prob from my ramblings)

Cyc

i have never not been able to get to the safemode menu it is just after that the computer resets itself (doesnt matter which option i pick)

that just the problem as well i put my windows XP cd in to redo the hardrive and it brings up this error msg

"An unexpected error (0) occurred at
line 1768 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\arcdisc.c.

Press any key to continue."

yet the CD works perfectly fine in my spare PC
(admittadly the PC isnt good enough to take XP)

Can Ya get into the Bios? If ya can't I'd Clear the CMOS on the Mobo. Worked for me once after a bios update the PC worked fine but then I shut it down & it would not Re-boot. No Post even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom