OCing my 3000+ Venice

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... got my CPU up to 2.4Ghz (267 x 9). The voltage is also at about 1.63. Is that too high? Does it matter if it's too high as long as your PSU and cooling can keep up? It idles at about 32 degrees Celsius, but I haven't put it under load yet. However, I took my RAM down (from 250) to 218.5Mhz. So here's my next big question... would it be better to leave the RAM at its current frequency and try to tighten the timings, or should I relax the timings and go for the 1:1 ratio with my CPU, and try to get it to operate at 267Mhz?

just try the 1:1 if it doesnt work, then do the memory divider and tighen the timings

beardo526 said:
OK... got my CPU up to 2.4Ghz (267 x 9). It idles at about 32 degrees Celsius, but I haven't put it under load yet. However, I took my RAM down (from 250) to 218.5Mhz. So here's my next big question... would it be better to leave the RAM at its current frequency and try to tighten the timings, or should I relax the timings and go for the 1:1 ratio with my CPU, and try to get it to operate at 267Mhz?
Try this. You know you can run mem at 3-3-3-7 250, and you know you can run 2.4 on the CPU right?

Lower the CPU multi to 8 and set HTT to 300 and RAM frequency to 166. This should put the CPU at 2.4 and the mem around 250.

One more thing, I hope you know you need to lower your LDT multi as well. 201-250 = 4xLDT ; 251-333 = 3xLDT.

How do you know so much about AMD64s when you own a Pentium idiotec? =/

Maybe this means someone actually read and understood the stickies for once :p

OMFG IDIOTEC U R TEH GENIUS!!!!!11!!!1!one

I know I read about the CPU multiplier, and I understood it at the time, but I've done so much reading on overclocking in the last couple of days, it just slipped my mind. Never even thought about it until now. I did, however, remember to lower the LDT multiplier to 4. :) I guess I'll have to lower it to 3, and set the CPU mulitplier to 8 and see how it goes.

gaara said:
How do you know so much about AMD64s when you own a Pentium idiotec? =/

Maybe this means someone actually read and understood the stickies for once :p
1. I am a geek and have read that a64 guide multiple times :p
2. I have a few friends with AMD systems that I have helped out
:D

M'kay... got the multipliers and everything fixed. CPU is at 2.4Ghz, RAM is at 240Mhz with 2.5-3-3-6 timings.

I tried to set the CAS latency on the RAM to 2, but when I restarted the computer it said something like "Windows could not start because WINDOWS/CONFIG/SYSTEM something or other file is missing or corrupt." I immediately shit myself, then after I got cleaned up, restarted and put the CAS latency to 2.5 and restarted again without the error. Would a missing/corrupt file actually have anything to do with my RAM, or is it just a weird coincidence?

It sounds like it just wouldn't boot because its unstable at those speeds and cas 2. Be happy with 2.5-3-3-6 at those speeds:D

I am confused on why though your RAM would be at 240 though if you have HTT at 300 and a 6:5 divider? Is my math screwed up, shouldn't it be at 250? You did set mem frequency at 166 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom