Upgrading Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

StangGT

Solid State Member
I have a HP Pavilion 2.8Ghz 512MB RAM, 200 Gb HD

I want to upgrade my video card because I only have the intel graphics car I think and the video when I play game isn't that good the screen gets real choppy and doesn't have a good picture.

I was looking at these, BTW which one do I need PCI or APG? And what does PCI and AGP mean? sorry I don't now much about computers.

ATI Radeon® 9250 Video Card PCI
ATI Radeon® 9550 Video Card AGP
EVGA e-GeForce FX5500 Graphics Card AGP

Thanks in advanced.

you probably have a AGP slot i believe, and you probably have a sucky psu. so im guessing you might be able to get a 6600GT if not then a 9800pro

OK, I just went under device manager and clicked on display adapters and it says Intel(R) Graphics Controler, an then when I click on properties it says the location is PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0

So does this mean I need to get a PCI card?

I downloaded Everest and I went under Display and then GPU and it says

Video Adapter: Intel Graphics Controller (64)MB
PCI Device: 8086/2562
and then it has a bunch of other stuff. I did not see anything that said AGP thought, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Ok, I went under devices in Everest and click on PCI devices and it has a bunch of stuff listed, including my video card. So I think that I have a PCI, not a AGP. Right?

I have an HP Pavilion a1101n, my computer is runnin at about the same anwyere from 42-49C, so it's not bad. And also, i dont' have an AGP slot, just 3 PCI slots, so i had to get a PCI card, the motherboard that i have (Asus P4GV Guppy) doesn't support AGP slots, therefor you have to go with a pci, i have the FX5500, pretty much the best normal PCI card out there.

I just checked the temp again and it was at 117 degrees C...WTF!!! Some kind of fan kicked in a loud one , so I just turned the comp off and, now i'm on my other comp.

What could of happened. That fan never goes on unless I'm playing a game.

everest could be wrong, that used to happen to me. but lookls like your stuck with a PCI card lol. i think you should just buy a whole new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom