next gen ati cards spreadsheat leaked!!11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been common knowledge for a while now what the r520 has shaped up as, however I'm really doubting the legitimacy of those benchmarks

It looks to me like this is directly from ATI, and the benchmarks are sketchy since they don't provide any details about system settings or anything...they also mention anti aliasing which has been known forever now that ATI cards handle better than nvidia

I like the option of choosing whether to spend the extra money on VRAM or not...I also like the idea of buying a x1800XL and simply overclocking it to match or exceed XT speeds fairly easily

Looks pretty good but remember this information is coming from ATI; they want you to think it's better then the Geforce 7 cards. But experts say that even though they have faster core clock speed and memory speed but they only have 16 pipelines; they say that 7800GTX running at 430MHz on 24 pipelines overall is faster then 600MHz on 16 pipelines (plus you can OC it to 490MHz).

Geez, the number of nvidia fanboys on tech-forums is overwhelming. Whenever anybody posts something here that would give ATI a slight edge, everybody says so confidently that nvidia will top them... "soon". Let's all wait for the 3rd party benchmarks, as I have a strong suspicion that those charts are a load of bull. Notice how no real numbers are used. Even if the X1800XT is slightly better than the 7800GTX, there is not a chance in hell that it is good as ATI makes it out to be, it is only a 16 pipe card after all. It is however a fact that ATI does AA and AF better than nvidia.

do you think their going to make AGP?

whose goign to buy a an X1300 with 32MB of ram for pcie16

When do you think these cards will hit the international market?

im buying all my stuff at the end of next month... but i can hold off to wait for that card!!

They will most likely not make AGP with the X1800, but we might see the X1600 in AGP. Im still waiting on a 7600....if they do it right, it might be a better upgrade for me right now than a 6800 GT.

well it's like one of the comments said:

Not that i have anythign against ATI, but this is just another ATI paper launch, something they are well known for

I mean look at the top right graph, they show the 7800 getting the exact same score in varying tests...so I highly doubt they put much effort into testing it.

but hey if it works out, more power to them, but I'll be waiting until a couple months after it's release so things have calmed down and we can get some real benches in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom