Building Computer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
Hi, I am a newbie to computer, and recently I would like to build a computer of my own. I have a question though, I was looking at all the hardwares at newegg.com, and the ideal computer that I want to build cost about 2000 dollars. Just then I was checking the CyberPower INC's website, they had this hardware configuration for you to build and they give you a subtotal. I input the similar hardwares as before, and it came out around 1400.

Now I know that newegg's price is in CDN, how about CyberPower? And also, what is the advantage of building your own computer instead of purchasing from CyberPower? They seemed to have many options on the hardwares as well.

Thanks in advance.

i think newegg is US dollars...if they have canadian pricing tell me how u got it, cuz im from canada

something is wrong with your math or you are not choosing the exact same components. newegg's prices are absolute rock bottom. if someone has their prices lower it would not be by that much.

I agree, there's something not right in that pricing from newegg. Check all the parts on pricewatch.com and see if you can find it cheaper, assuming you added it all right and the comp from cyberpower is the same.

I'd like to copy my post from the other page talking about cyberpower:

Just a note of info to you...cyberpower is horrible. I know they sell cheap cpu's, but at the cost of incredibly, and I mean incredibly at the greatest extent of the word, horrid customer service. They outsource tech support which isn't so bad until the support they outsource tells you to call the cyberpower tech support. Just to give you a small dose of how bad it is, look on the cyberpower website and get their phone numbers, if you look around they have 2 for tech support and one for sales. Try calling all 3 of them at different times of the day.(they're toll-free numbers) You will rarely, by rarely i mean 99% of their workday, get a ring much less an answer. I'd like to offer you some links so you can see that I'm not really biased, just as my name states I'm a sad customer of cyberpower. I won't go into my dealings with them unless you ask me to.

The links:
http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=6715406&pid=r&mode=ALL&n=0&query=cyberpower

http://reviews.cnet.com/4852-3119_7-20167840.html?legacy=cnet

Sad Customer

why build your own?

If you question weather you are getting the best price on a list of components i recommend going to www.tomshardware.com

This site allows you to search for a component and then lists where you can buy it and the price you will pay...it typically lists anywhere from 2 - 15 different vendors so you can quickly compare prices between all of them.

I build PCs for a living, both for the compnay i work for and as an independent business. The reason i like to build PCs from scratch is so that i know exactly what is getting put in there, so if i have to work on it in the future, i am familiar with every aspect of the machine.

I can also use the best quality components. Alot of your manufacturers will sell you an AWESOME processor but maybe the motherboard it sits on is a $50 piece of junk...just to make a bigger profit.

Another point is when you purchase a "PC package" similar to Dells, E-machine or HP, they come pre-loaded with software and in a lot of cases half of the stuff they load is crap. In addition they don't usually give you a copy of the operating system they have prelaoded. Rather they give you a set of "restore disks" that has an image of the system configuration on it. So when you have a problem, rather than booting to your CD and going to the repair console (Windows XP for example) you have to restore from an image which wipes out your system returning it to the straight from the factory state.

Sometimes bui.ding your own PC can get expensive but at least you know what you put into it so you know what to expect to get out of it performance wise.

ZipZoomFly, is sometimes cheaper than newegg.com, but Newegg.com usually has free shipping and I've had nothing, but good experiences with them:D I'd go with newegg;) Order it Sunday and there is a good chance it will be there on Friday the same week;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom