New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibuypower has a 3 year parts/lifetime tech help warranty

cyberpowerinc has a 3 year parts/lifetime tech help warranty

ABS has a 1 year parts/ lifetime tech help warranty

If I was you would serious try to convince your parents to let you build a pc because if you know what ur are doing you can build a pretty sick pc for $1500. Not top of the line, but you probably could never buy a complete system that good.

It all depends on what are u gona use your pc for- if its a gaming pc dont go with Dell, but if only thng your gona do with your pc is browse the net, play mp3 and do word processing you should go with Dell.

Ya, Dell isn't for gaming, that's for sure.

If it's for gaming, I strongly suggest building your own, or atleast choosing your own parts and having someone install it...

If it's for general use, go with Dell, Dell is the best for that...

Well I talked it over with the parents...they refuse to go with custom builds, and don't even ask about letting me build my own...

looks like Dell is my best bet. Would the 4600 be a decent computer? I don't game often, but if I wanted to play the newest games, would it run them fine?

Thanks for all your help.

TECH SPECS

Processor
Pentium® 4 Processor at 2.60GHz w/800MHz front side bus/ HT Technology

Operating System
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition¹²

Memory
FREE UPGRADE! 512MB DDR SDRAM AT 400MHZ

Hard Drive
80GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive (7200 RPM)

CD or DVD Drive
16X DVD ROM Drive

I'm gonna change the video card from integrated to 128MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI

It would probably run newest games, but not on the highest settings. you can buy a dell and get a GOOD video card, then you'll be fine, all games should run smooth, also later on get more RAM.

yea, I agree with mr. stupid....Your setup is pretty good, just make sure you get a tight video card and you should have no problems....Get at lease a gig of ram and if you have the money, bumb up to 120 gb hard drive. The you'll be in great shape. But the setup you have now shouldn't give you any problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom