Wireless Inteference

Status
Not open for further replies.
BColes said:
yup,
G5 has USB Report Rate: 500 reports/second
Image Processing: 6.4 megapixels/second
Ajustable DPI anywhere between 400-2000 (after drivers)
I went from an everyday logitech optical mouse to the G5 a few weeks ago and i couldn't be happier. I like it's larger size and laser is nice. Side note: the cord has a rope like feel, not rubber coated like other mice, just something i thought was interesting.
Intellimouse has 1500 reports/sec. 18 Million instructios per second.

5 buttons (do you relly need 6? I only use 4).

Weights? Umm, doesn't the mouse sit on a desk? And I think my hand is strong enough to oversome any lateral or torsional forces developed by a moving mouse.

I have never needed a longer mouse cord.

Max speed of the G5 is 45-65 (1 meter or less) inches per second, whereas the MS is 6 meters per second.

Not taking away from the G5, it sounds nice, but I don't think it is all that AND a bag of chips! ;)

F6Hawk said:
Not taking away from the G5, it sounds nice, but I don't think it is all that AND a bag of chips! ;)
You asked and we answered. You are happy with your choice, and i'm happy with my choice. I'm just going to eat my chips now. :p

BColes said:
You asked and we answered. You are happy with your choice, and i'm happy with my choice. I'm just going to eat my chips now. :p
Fair enuf, and I will bring the beer!:bald:

I'm just trying to figure out why I would buy one of those for my new system. Right now, I have been leaning towards wireless, but am not sure if that will work ok for gaming. Any thoughts on that?

F6Hawk said:
I'm just trying to figure out why I would buy one of those for my new system. Right now, I have been leaning towards wireless, but am not sure if that will work ok for gaming. Any thoughts on that?
If I were to go wireless, I'd get the G7, it's pretty pricey though.

I know to go with the G7 for wireless, but I am wondering if a mouse like that would cause intereference with my wireless adapter. I haven't got a yes or no answer yet. And if it does cause intereference, I will get the G5.

F6Hawk said:
Intellimouse has 1500 reports/sec. 18 Million instructios per second.

5 buttons (do you relly need 6? I only use 4).

Weights? Umm, doesn't the mouse sit on a desk? And I think my hand is strong enough to oversome any lateral or torsional forces developed by a moving mouse.

I have never needed a longer mouse cord.

Max speed of the G5 is 45-65 (1 meter or less) inches per second, whereas the MS is 6 meters per second.

Well I dont know where you got those specs for the MS mouse but I find them hard to beleive. I just got an MX518 and its a million times better/nicer then the old MS optical I had, and it feels better in your hand too, it feels smoother and more percise. Plus the adjustable DPI is nice to have in games, lets you adjust sensitivity on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom