SATA2 hard drive compatibility with my motherboard question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

traviswrx

In Runtime
Hey guys..I've been thinking about buying a new hard drive because Im using a lot of my storage in music&video. Been thinking about a sata or sata2, this would be my secondary HDD(storage) so I don't want to spend a fortune on it.

What I need to know is, I bought my computer from Compaq, and I don't know what mobo I have. In everest, it says unknown. So, now I don't know what to do. Where to check? Bought in Jan/feb 2004 I believe, so thats when the mobo would've been "new". Any ideas/suggestions/comments/feedback? TIA..

Asustek p4sd-le

Thanks on the cpu-z guitarfreak. I'll check the internet to see if I can find the info myself, but if someone already knows, dont hesitate to respond here and tell me if its compatible.

Found this-

SATA connectors

2 Serial ATA-150 controllers support 2 SATA-150 disk drives

So? No sata2? Little insight please? Thanks.

no sata 2. Get Sata anyway... It's pretty much the better standard. It's PLENTY fast for storage and whatnot. You don't need a screaming-fast drive for storage for music and video.

Ryan

Cool. Thanks. Gonna pick one up when I get some extra money I guess. So regular SATA is faster then IDE? Because Ill make the SATA one my main and my 80 gig IDE storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom