bad cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunraider5000

Solid State Member
A couple of weeks ago my computer died as I had the case opened being foolish. I was getting power to everything just wasnt getting any beeps or anything on screen. I opted for a new board. Its a MachSpeed socket A board. That didnt fix the problem, I was still in the same situation. I tested the voltage from the powersupply and everything was ok according to the ATX standard. I have two pc133 memory modules and i wouldnt think they would both be damaged at the same time. the book with my board says i should recieve some indication in the form of beeps if no memory is detected, But i'm not recieving anything. I thought it was the processor but wanted some more feedback before i bought one. People were telling me that the system would not even power up if had a bad processor but for testing purposes i took the old board and new power supply I installed and ran a test without the processor on board. The system came to life but obvioulsy no boot. Please help

nothing

not booting at all, I am getting power to the drives and fans, but the system is not booting up, not POST, nothing. Just a computer that has power but thats it

hard drives ok

I have three hard drives, two of which were not even connected at the time of the failure and none seem to make any difference with the system.

thanks, I've got all kinds of suggestions for fixing this problem and none seem to work. One guy said to flip the voltage regulator on the back of my power supply. Thought it was a crazy idea but that didnt work either. While we are on the subject of CPU's, I've only used AMD processors because of the price but has anyone used the new intel hyper threading processor. Is it as great as the articles i've read say it is?

yep true that. Well i better get off here to check out some prices at pricewatch, don't know if anyone has every bought anything from the guys at www.computergeeks.com but they have some nice prices for the low budget computer hobbiest. Just bought a case from them for 20 bucks thought that was a steal.

BTW, is you computer speaker hooked up to the motherboard? This may be why you're getting no beeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom