Trouble Burning DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
First let me start of by saying that the title refers to BURNING DVD's and NOT cracking or doing anything illegal. With that said, hopefully people are more apt to help me here.

Whenever I try and burn a DVD (Using Nero 6.3 Ultra) it always spits it out saying there is not enough room on the blank DVD, please insert another one. Now, I have tried countless numbers of blank DVD's, but to no avail. The DVD files in question tally up to a grand total of 4.4GB, .3GB short of the 4.7GB capacity that the blank DVD's have, sop the files are not too large. I have also cleaned the DVD drive for about 15 minutes with my disk. There are no other programs open that are using the DVD drive, and I have alkso tried to close all open programs that I dont need. It is also not a problem of CSS encryption or anything else, since there are none in the files I'm trying to burn.

All help is appreciated.

dvd-/+r only have 4.37gb or around that that.. the 4.7GB is referring to 4,700,000,000 bytes which if divided by the true amount of bytes in kilobytes (1024) and again and again, will get you 4.37GB.. i think maybe your files are too large to burn because of this (and the program is misleading showing a marker at the 4.7GB mark)

Well I know thats true, but I have burned many a file thats 4.5GB onto a DD, many times. I actually run into this problem quite frequently, and have since I have started burning DVD's. The weird thing is, it sometimes works, sometimes dosent, and I dont know why.

it is nero i never liked burning anything with it, use sonic record it now i never had problems burning with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom