upgrades???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgp_nc

Baseband Member
this is what i have now... its 3 years old but i want to make some upgrades so i dont have to build a new system just yet....

Model : HP Pavilion 06 D7219J-ABA 775Y Model : HP Pavilion 06 D7219J-ABA 775Y
Chassis Type : Desktop
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Processor Number Of Processors : 1 Hyper-Threading Enabled
Type : Intel Pentium 4 3066 MHz
Processors Bus Speed : 533 MHz
Motherboard Manufacturer : MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
Model : MS-6577 Rev. 030
CPU Slot/Socket Type : mPGA-478
Chipset Vendor : Intel i845GE Rev. B1
Graphics Model : nVidia AGP GeForce4 Ti 4200 AGP8X 128mb
Storage Hard Drive 1 : ST380011A
Size : 76.32 GB
Memory Total RAM Installed : 1024 MB
Type : DDR DIMM PC2700
Used RAM Slots: 2 of 2

question are what can i upgrade and i need to make sure the stuff i get it compatable with my current hardware.

yes gamming is what i am looking for. the computer works well now but i cannot play half life, cs-s, or dod-s, without sacrificing quality

Your processor and RAM should do just fine for Source based games, but I would upgrade your video card to a 6600GT or better depending on how much money you want to spend. Or if you really have no desire to play any games besides HL2/Source, go with an ATI card for sure. The X800GT is ATI's "stab" at the 6600GT, so that should be plenty good.

sweet. that answers my question pretty well. i dont want to dump to much money into that computer i just want to get more out of the source games

6600GT will cover you, and it's really cheap. Make sure you get an AGP and not PCIE by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom