Ultimate gamimg PC... spec suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
high speed HD's

If your going to spend a lot of money you should invest in a 10k or 15k HD as one of your drives. HD's are the oldest technology in a computer so you gatta stay current

Re: high speed HD's

pgp_nc said:
If your going to spend a lot of money you should invest in a 10k or 15k HD as one of your drives. HD's are the oldest technology in a computer so you gatta stay current
I would agree with that, but have you seen the stats between the Raptors & DiamondMax 10's? The Raptor barely beat the 10, and the 10 has 230 Gb more space. If you can tell the difference in 0.5 ms access time, then stay with the raptors.... I personally can't tell the diff.

i would agree - you really cant tell. i am going with a 10k for my build when i get around to it. its a must have. 7200rpm drives are for massive storage

true, which is why you get a 10k low memory as master which you install the OS onto. and buy a 7200RPM mass storage HDD as a slave.

that's what i would do. i'm interested to see how windows runs off of a 10k drive. I bet its a big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom