reganj03

Beta member
Alright, to start I'll list my hardware config. :

-Mobo : ASUS A7N8X2 Deluxe
-CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2800+
-Gfx: NVIDIA FX 5900 128mb
-RAM: 1gig of something?
-HDD: WDC WD800BB 80gig

My problem is a screen that locks up my computer, its kinda hard to describe the screen as it takes on a form similar to the background where it froze. It sometimes make a checkered pattern or stripped and will change a few times before settling on the pattern.

The problem first started in World of Warcraft, but as I later found would happen in other games as well. It also happend when I tried formating Windows. Once it happend while i was formatting i knew it was hardware (or think)

Another thing I'll add that I think may have something to do with this, I hear a clicking sound come from the comptuer right as it freezes. Makes two clicking sounds spaced apart by a few seconds before it freezes.

Any ideas?

I forgot to read the last part before I posted, sorry about that.

I would get all the data you can off that drive ASAP before you go any further.

BASSMASTER said:
I would get all the data you can off that drive ASAP before you go any further.

lol yeah, Clicking is never a good sound to hear.
If you got an extra one laying around pop it in as the master and see if you still freeze... could just be an I/O issue.

Alright, i don't have another HDD laying around. But you think that clicking is def. the harddrive? If so i'll just go buy a new one and fix this problem asap.

Yeah i got all the stuff off the HDD onto my roommates computer over the network.

I have been working on this all night, it seems to go to one of those XP Fatal Error Blue Screens or w/e they are called while its freezing and checkering and what not....

Would my harddrive really make the screen do that? We gonna rule out graphics card/drivers or mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom