Amd 64 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavor4real

Solid State Member
What's up, I'm looking to get my this system below. What y'all think about it?
Is the motherboard ok? AMD 64, would that system be good for graphic/audio/webdesign and video
development? Let me know ur opinion. .. thanks guys

CPU: AMD ATHLON64 3000+ CPU
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS K8V Deluxe VIA K8T800 Chipset 800FSB AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,IEEE,&Audio
FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK + 3 EXTRA CASE FANS
HDD: Seagate 80GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache
HDD2: NONE
MEMORY: 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Standard Major Brand)
VIDEO: ATI RADEON 9800 SE 128MB DDR AGP 8X W/ TV-OUT & DVI
CAS: TURBO X-ALIEN CASE 420W W/ WINDOW

IEEE_CARD: NONE
2ND_USB: STANDARD 2 USB PORTS + 2 EXTRA USB PORTS CONNECTORS
KEYBOARD: PS2 MULTIMEDIA INTERNET CONTROL KEYBOARD
MOUSE: PS2 INTERNET MOUSE W/ WHEEL

MODEM: NONE
MONITOR: NONE
FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE
CDRW: PLEXTOR 52x24x52x CD-RW EIDE

NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
POWERSUPPLY: STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 6in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer

SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY PLUS ONE-YEAR ONSITE SERVICE
SOUND: 3D WAVE ON-BOARD 5.1 SOUND CARD
SPEAKERS: 600WATT PMPO SUBWOOFER STEREO SPEAKERS

PRICE: (+978)

Get rid of the video card. The 9800SE is slower than a 9600XT and more expensive. Go with no less than a 9600XT.

With Athlon 64 dosent there got to be something differnt with the memory registered or certified something.Go with a 9800 pro for 233.

no only for the fx do you need registered ram. those specs look good but you may want to switch from the via chipset as it has the agp locked etc.. I currently have that chipset and would not get it again. Other than that just what people have said before video card, maybe the 3200+ instead of the 3000+ if you have the money its not too much more

a 9800 se is faster than a 9600 xt

it's about as fast as a 9700 pro......wut r y guys talkin about???

thanks 4 the respond ..

Graphic Card:
The 9800 se and the 9600 xt ... what's the better deal? I do webdesign, Audio/Video . i play once in a while unreal tournament.

So what card would be ok?

Chipset:
what's a good deal?

Thanks

Sorry, play2lose, I think I'm to blame for your opinon of the 9800se. I had writen a few days ago that the 9800se was a good card. I have writen a correction on that post again, and any others I may have recommended the 9800se on. I was looking at a standard 9800 when recommending the 9800se. The SE is not a good card, unless you want to take the risk of unlocking the pipelines to make it faster. It can work, but not on all cards and you can get artifacting. If you don't want to take the gamble, go with a 9600XT. It's a great card for the money.

Yes, better than a 9800 se. Unless you want to spend more money on a 9700 pro or something, 9600XT is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom