enabling windows xp firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always say its better than nothing. I always reccomend a hardware firewall (router) is your best bet. Also if you have multiple users and are on XP pro I can show you how to set a local policy so that it is turned on for all users. By default it only applies the settings to the logged on user.

you mean to say that in windows xp the user who is not logged on can be hacked into?

can you tell me how to set a local policy (you mean with the windows xp)

why is a hardware firewall better than a software firewall, is that becauyse software usually has vulnerabilities?

If you have XP with SP-2 then that firewall is more than sufficient. It outperforms many of the "pro" firewalls out there. It's small and unobtrusive and does its job. I like it though I am way in the minority at this forum.

tribalsun said:
If you have XP with SP-2 then that firewall is more than sufficient. It outperforms many of the "pro" firewalls out there. It's small and unobtrusive and does its job. I like it though I am way in the minority at this forum.

I am the minority to, but I agree with you. I like the SP2 firewall for that main reason it provides "some" layer of protection without all the annoying crap of other firewalls prompting you every time you click on something on the net. It really takes away from the fun internet experience, but if you are a very very scared person who's worst fear is getting hacked its cool. I personally dont really concern myself with it that much.

control Panel>windows firewall

u have 1115 posts and you dont know how to enable the firewall?? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom