Backlight Not Coming On | HP Pavilion ZT1000 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowledge

Baseband Member
I have a HP Pavilion laptop, zt1000 series, and I've had it for a few years now. About a year ago, the LCD screen goes out and I just been too lazy to fix it until now.

The problem is the backlight doesnt turn on. If you look closely you can see that the LCD still works. You can see the "Welcome" screen and you can make out the desktop, etc... But there is no backlight coming from the LCD.

Any idea's on what could be wrong? Maybe a quick simple fix? I'm hoping somebody has expierience with these laptop's and has at least heard of a similar issue before. I would say that if I needed to replace the whole screen, then the screen wouldnt be working at all. But in this case, it does work - just no backlight.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Many Many Thanks In Advance!!

No experiece with them, but I think you can be pretty sure that the screen has gone bad.

I've seen them replaced before though never have done it myself. Your best bet would be to probably to buy a replacement screen (maybe a used one). Read up on how to replace that specific model and try it yourself, or bring the laptop and the new screen to a repair store that has experience with that stuff.

It doesn't take long to replace them, but you can do some damage if you don't know what your doing.

But isnt it something that I can fix? (by taking it apart and replacing, like the inverter or PCA board)

Do you really think that the actual screen is bad? Even though it still displays, even though its not backlit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom